Selecting a work vehicle is a major business decision. You'll likely want a vehicle that will have the power and capacity to handle your specific work applications and for the long haul. A quality vehicle that will go the distance both in the daily and weekly grind and regarding your longer term financial objectives. The decision around what vehicle should also be considered regarding what business car finance. The finance deal may be key to delivering the financial outcomes to support your business prospects.
So when it comes to deciding between a ute or a cab chassis, what are the deciding factors? What do each have to offer? Which has the edge? Is the finance different?
We take a look at what global car manufacturing giant VW has to offer in both categories and what Jade Car Loans can offer in the finance stakes.
Both the VW Amarok and the Craft are available as dual cab vehicles so we drill down into some of the features.
VW Amarok: Wide Range of Choices
You only have to cast an eye over the car parks at work sites to see the popularity of the VW Amarok. This is a smart-looking double cab ute that appears to have a good rep for performance. What else does it offer?
- Multiple model variants from the 4 cylinder Core through to the very stylish V6 Highline Black 580S and the Ultimate 580.
- 4x4 toughness with a system that provides 3 mode selections: 4 wheel drive, rear wheel drive and 4 wheel drive low range. With touch button selection.
- Variants with choice of either 4 cylinder 2L turbo diesel or the larger V6 3L turbo diesel engines.
- Tray size of 1222 mm which is big enough to take a Euro-sized pallet and a payload of 911 kgs.
- Luxury interior and cross-over appearance which makes it suitable for many out-of-work activities.
- 5 seater with front bucket seat set-up.
- Great vehicle to tow your boat or caravan.
VW Crafter Double Cab Chassis
Admittedly, this is much more of a work-looking vehicle than the Amarok, so your decision may be weighted by your requirements around all work or work and play.
- Versatility to adapt to custom bodies and conversions to suit specialist work applications.
- 7 seater with space for 3 upfront courtesy of the passenger bench seat for 2 and space for 4 in the 2nd
- Off road capability so Crafter should be able to handle at least some of the same terrain as the Amarok.
- Driver assist systems and plenty of tech.
- Available with the tray factory-fitted so it’s ready to work.
- Depending on set-up and variant, choice of two 2.0 TDI engines and auto or manual transmission.
- LWB with a larger payload than the Amarok.
- In the tray configuration, could be set up to take your toys such as dirt bikes and MTBs, inflatables and other sporting gear.
Business Car Finance Options
Whether you choose a ute or a double or single cab chassis as your work vehicle, Jade Car Loans offers the same finance products for the purchase:-
The decision as to which finance is best suited to your business will be determined by the accounting method used by your operation and your financial objectives. We recommend you discuss this aspect with your accountant.
If you are looking to take advantage of the Federal Government’s current asset depreciation schemes such as BBI and Instant Asset Write-Off, Chattel Mortgage is best suited to realise the benefits of these measures. Subject to your business and the vehicle meeting the eligibility conditions and requirements of the individual schemes.
Reminder: IAWO expires on 31 December 2020 while BBI is available on selected assets purchased and in operation by 30 June 2021.
All our business lending facilities include:-
- Fixed interest rate
- Repayments fixed
- Loan term fixed
- Option for a balloon or residual depending on finance selected
The interest rates we can achieve are at the same cheap levels for both utes and cab chassis vehicles. Interest rates and loan terms and conditions are not necessarily affected by the type of business vehicle but are determined by the profile and individual details of the borrower. Except for second hand vehicles where age and condition will be taken into consideration.
Your Jade Car Loans consultant can handle the finance process for you to save you time, hassle and most likely money. We have strong bargaining power in the motor vehicle lending sector which enables our consultants to negotiate better interest rates and more attractive loan conditions for our customers.
So whichever decision you arrive at – ute or cab chassis, Amarok or Crafter, Jade Car Loans has the flexibility and availability to assist with your cheap vehicle loan. Contact us for quotes on both vehicles if that will assist with your decision making or use our loan calculator for rough ballpark estimates.
For a quote on a ute or a double cab chassis, contact Jade Car Loans at 1300 000 003.
DISCLAIMER: INFORMATION, DATA AND DETAILS OF GOODS, POLICIES AND PROGRAMS THAT IS PRESENTED IN THE ARTICLE IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE PROVISION OF GENERAL INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE IS THIS INFORMATION INTENDED AS THE PROVISION OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL AND/OR FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAKING SPECIFIC INDIVIDUAL FINANCIAL DECISIONS. FOR ADVICE ON INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES, READERS SHOULD REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPT FOR ERRORS, INCORRECT DETAILS OR INCORRECT PRESENTATION OF DETAILS OF GOODS, PROGRAMS, SERVICES, ETC AS PRESENTED. THE INFORMATION HAS BEEN SOURCED IN GOOD FAITH AS GENERAL INTEREST AND INFORMATION FROM MANUFACTURER, SUPPLIER AND GOVERNMENT WEBSITES.