As we edge closer towards that critical 30 June date, savvy car buyers will already be checking out the deals on new vehicles being offered in the market. Not all dealers and manufacturers will wait until June many have already started advertising deals and discounts across many models. To assist our customers, we’re bringing a few to your attention so you can get in while stocks last. Plus we share a few tips to ensure you’re getting the deal you expect.
Dealers can sell more cars in June each year than in any other month of the year. So stocks of popular models could move fast and dealers could be flat out. So getting in early, in May, can work in your favour. Often there are limited stocks, possibly runout models and even demonstrators. Being early, you have a better chance of your selection of colour and features. You may also get better service and faster delivery before they swing into full EOFY sale speed.
While it could be a week or two early for all sales to get into action, we perused the sector and came up with a few to mention at this stage:
- Mitsubishi is advertising their EOFY with special offers across many models including the Eclipse Cross, Mirage, ASX and Outlander.
- Kia also has their EOFY sale banner on the website. But some of the offers expire on 31 May, so get in quick for Sportage, Stonic, Stinger and others.
- Hyundai has a runout offer on the Tucson Active and we’ve spied bonus for ABN holders on the iLoad.
- Individual Toyota dealers appear to have some deals available. Possibly the main EOFY deal to come.
- Mazda is already spruiking their EOFY sale with discounts across the range.
- Volvo has a $5000 cashback offer across the XC90 range until 30 June 2021.
- For ute buyers that find a Raptor or HiLux beyond the budget, even at sale time, considering the GWM Ute range could be an option.
What’s the deal?
- That’s the first question you should be asking when buying any vehicle on a special sale or offer. What exactly am I getting in this deal? We’ve collated a few tips from the experts to assist buyers in navigating the EOFY car sales.
- Be aware that the vehicle might be an earlier model year and may not retain as high resale value as the current model year. But for many, that is not an issue and an earlier plated vehicle is acceptable, especially if it comes in at up to thousands off the price tag.
- Ensure the dealer clearly outlines what the price reduction is or what the extras included for ‘nothing’ are. Study the details of the deal and the advertisement so you are confident that this is a good deal. The price reduction or extras might be additional options and accessories that you don’t need or want. Opting for the non-optioned, non-sale alternative model might offer better value and better suitability.
- Compare offers from dealer to dealer of the same manufacturer where possible. Some EOFY deals are from the manufacturer and hence should be the same at all dealerships while others may be dealer-based offers.
- Drive-away versus plus on-road costs should be checked closely and ASK if there are any other deliveries or other charges to be added.
- If the special offer is regarding finance, speak with Jade Car Loans for a competitive quote to compare. We pride ourselves on always offering cheaper interest rate car loans. There can be several pitfalls with dealer finance compared with our broker-style loans, so don’t jump in before speaking with us.
Finance for Sale Vehicles
If you’re purchasing a new vehicle at an EOFY or other sale, rest assured, that the same personal car loan and business vehicle finance products apply to vehicles purchased outside of a sale. When surveying the EOFY sale car market, constantly refer to our calculators to calculate estimated loan repayments.
For private buyers, our lender interest rate calculator allows you to instantly see how our Jade car loan interest rates compare with other major lenders. By entering the amount you are seeking to borrow and your preferred loan term, you’ll immediately see the repayment estimate. Click here to compare our online business car loan interest rates across various lenders Australia-wide.
For business buyers, our interest rate calculator displays our current achievable rates on the different finance products: Car Leasing, Commercial Hire Purchase and Sole trader Vehicle Financing. Input your loan details to see how repayments may vary across the loan types.
Business buyers are also encouraged to use the loan calculator where you can also input a balloon/residual amount to start formulating how you would like your finances structured.
Jade Car Loans offers no deposit car finance on both full-priced and sale vehicles.
Speaking with us to arrange pre-approved finance can be especially savvy when heading to the EOFY car sales. Having your finances locked in may place you in a stronger bargaining position to haggle a little more out of the dealer.
We’re staying across the EOFY car sales and will post more updated information as more manufacturers start full-scale promotions. In the meantime, why wait? Get your pre-approved finance organised and start doing your research on which model you will be targeting in the sale event.
Contact 1300 000 003 to discuss pre-approved finance to take advantage of EOFY car sales.
DISCLAIMER: IN REGARD TO MISREPRESENTATIONS AND ERRORS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL AS PRESENTED, LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED. THE DETAILS AND CONTENT IS PROVIDED FOR CAR BUYERS AND INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESS SEEKING FINANCE PURELY AS GENERAL INFORMATION. THIS IS NOT PROVIDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION. ANYONE THAT CONSIDERS THAT NEED FINANCIAL ADVICE ABOUT THEIR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS SHOULD SEEK THEIR OWN FINANCIAL ADVISOR.