For those who demand ‘the best’ the jury is out, the decision has been made – the Toyota HiLux, Australia’s favourite workhorse has been named the Best Ute in the World. To HiLux owners over the decades this won’t come as any great lightbulb moment. But for buyers looking at purchasing a new ute, it could be an influencing factor in the purchase decision. But with all new vehicle acquisitions, not only does the vehicle and the price need to be right, so does the finance deal. Jade Car Loans outlines how buyers can achieve better ute finance deals for the best ute in the world, the Toyota HiLux.
Best in a massively impressive marketplace is a big call. The Ford Ranger actually tipped HiLux off the top selling ute leader board in one month of sales figures recently. And the BT 50, D-MAX, Walkinshaw VW Amarok, Navara and Wildtrak are presenting very strong challenges to the iconic HiLux. In the price stakes, the LDV brand is making inroads in the Aussie market.
We cover off on why HiLux was judged the best and how you can acquire this or any other great ute with better interest rate finance.
Judging Best Ute
HiLux received the nod at the Pick-Up Awards, an international awards program which is included in the International Van of the Year Awards. The final three contenders were Hilux, Gladiator and the Isuzu D-MAX. All three were subjected to arduous testing by the judges. The key criteria is that the winner is judged as the most efficient 1 tonne ute (or pick-up in international-speak) currently available on the market.
The category has been included for some time with this the 6th award. A first for Toyota as the previous winners were the Amarok, Navara and the Ranger.
For those wondering which make/model won the Van of the Year category – it was a tie with the Mercedes-Benz Citan and the Renault Kangoo share joint honours.
No doubt the decision will spark plenty of heated discussions with owners of all the leading utes on the market. But for business buyers that are seeking a cost-effective vehicle to deliver improved productivity and profitability, their ‘best ute’ is likely to be the ute they can acquire with the best finance deal. That is the next item on our agenda.
Finance for Toyota HiLux
As one of Australia’s most hard-working utes and the with the wide range of model variants, the HiLux is suitable for work in a wide range of industries and business settings. Whether it’s on the farm, on the construction site, delivering goods across urban areas or doing double-duty for weekend rec and sport activities, the HiLux offers a highly attractive buy.
Jade Car Loans provides cost-effective finance for the HiLux and other utes, with buyers given the choice of several best business car loan products:
- Chattel Mortgage: the most popular choice of finance as it suits many businesses that use the cash accounting method. This finance attracts the lowest interest rate across the range and is best suited to those looking to use the temporary full expensing measure. This measure allows for the full cost of the vehicle to be realised as a tax deduction in the year of acquisition rather than incrementally over several years.
- Leasing: suitable for businesses that use the accruals accounting method and do not wish to have the vehicle posted to their business balance sheet. Known as an ‘off-balance sheet’ loan, the vehicle remains under the ownership of the lender until the loan is finalised.
- Commercial Hire Purchase: shares many features of Chattel Mortgage with some variants which have similarities with Leasing. Not as popular as Chattel Mortgage in recent times.
- Novated Leasing with Salary Sacrifice: useful finance product where business owner and employee agree to the business paying for a vehicle and the employee sacrifices salary to cover the costs. As the HiLux is equally suited to work and play, it may present the ideal vehicle for this type of arrangements.
It is strongly recommended to get the business accountant involved in the decision as to which finance product is best suited to an individual business set-up.
General Finance Features
While each finance product has its own features and benefits, there are a number of features which are standard across our portfolio:
- No deposit finance is available which allows for the entire purchase price to be included in the loan.
- Balloon/residual option included which can be structured to achieve target and workable repayments to support ash flow.
- Buyer has immediate access and use of the vehicle and is responsible for all ongoing costs while the ownership over the finance term varies.
- Cheap business car interest rates in line with Jade’s ongoing and consistent approach to motor vehicle finance.
- Fixed interest rates to cover businesses from any rises in interest rates during the finance term.
- Fixed repayments which are negotiated to work with cash flow.
- Fixed finance terms up to 7 years to provide certainty for business planning moving forward.
Comparing interest rates and Repayments
To work out what the best finance deal may be on your choice of best Ute, just head to our interest rate and finance calculator or call us for a quote.
Contact Jade Car Loans on 1300 000 003 for a finance quote on the best Ute in the world, Toyota HiLux
DISCLAIMER: IN REGARD TO MISREPRESENTATIONS AND ERRORS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL AS PRESENTED, LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED. THE DETAILS AND CONTENT IS PROVIDED FOR CAR BUYERS AND INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESS SEEKING FINANCE PURELY AS GENERAL INFORMATION. THIS IS NOT PROVIDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION. ANYONE THAT CONSIDERS THAT NEED FINANCIAL ADVICE ABOUT THEIR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS SHOULD SEEK THEIR OWN FINANCIAL ADVISOR.